Can't get any pressure in our heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Glow-worm Ultracom hxi combi boiler for just our heating system (our hot water is on a separate system). We had some knocking noises and one of our radiators had a lot of air in it so a couple of evenings ago I bled the radiator. Next day, the heating didn't come on. The boiler is on, and not showing a fault code but when it fires the temperature builds to the nineties and then quickly cuts out. The pressure gauge on the expansion vessel is at zero and doesn't change when I open the tap.

We called an engineer out before because we couldn't get the pressure up and when I asked how he fixed it he said he used the bleed valve above the boiler to get air out of the system. So we've done that, and we've also bled the pump, but still can't get the pressure needle to move on the expansion vessel guage. Would prefer not to get an engineer out if its something we can fix. There don't appear to be any leaks, and the boiler is not much more thana year old. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Tracey

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back