Can't get boiler to fire after draining / refilling system

Well I certainly think my system has dirt in it as you suggest dean7445. When I was doing my pipework for the new rad in the bathroom, the pipes had nasty black silty coating inside. I have two bathrooms and the toilet to refit but after I've done that (and the weather has turned chilly again) I will use a cleaner in the system for a week, followed by a conditioner. Not sure what else could be done.

Sponsored Links
It is automatic... but faulty.

Oh dear - maybe during the next drain down (2nd bathroom refit) I will replace this item then. Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, here's a picture of it that I had posted yesterday.
20150615_153033.jpg

FiremanT - Am I right in thinking I would replace it with one of these: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/produ...DKAEZkOE9_M5NRn1-DD5HHSiYmew1eA_FAaAgck8P8HAQ

Cheers again!

Yep. They are available in 3/8" as well, so make sure you have the right size, or get a 3/8" one plus a 3/8" x 1/2" bush. Your pic looks like 1/2"

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back