Can't open boot!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2015 Corsa e. Yesterday the boot refused to open for no apparent reason. All the other doors lock and open normally. I want to pull the tailgate fuse from the position shown in the handbook (14) but the diagram shows each fuse with a separate number and mine are all jumbled up. There is no fuse labelled 14 but there is a fuse in that position. Does anyone know the rating it should be? How can I bypass the locking mechanism? All the YouTube videos show a mechanical method but my car doesn't seem to have this. No key hole of course!

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the central locking motor, residing in the tailgate, has called it a day.
This is often due to either the locking motor itself being goosed or the cables leading to it have fractured - you’ll appreciate thst the cables flex every time the tailgate is opened which does give the wiring a hard time.
So, if the fuses are ok, its time to wriggle into the boot space via the rear seats and pop the tailgate open.
Maybe you can flick the lock claw open with a screwdriver? Normally they dont grip particularly hard, and it can help if someone presses the tailgate down whilst you fiddle.
Sorry I dont know if the tailgate trim can come off with it shut.....some do, some don’t.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back