Can't score/snap tiles..Tile adhesive is going off!

ATS do a Turbo-X blade which cuts porcelain tiles with ease https://www.atsdiamondtools.co.uk/product/turbo-x-diamond-porcelain-blade/ although I've just bought a blade off Amazon for £8.99 which looks almost identical. Use a steady hand and don't force the cuts. Make several passes as opposed to trying to cut all the way through in one go. For cuts which might be seen finish the edges with a diamond hand pad. ATS sell them but TBH a diamond sharpening stone like these work well https://www.screwfix.com/p/magnusso...rc=aw.ds#product_additional_details_container

Sponsored Links
No chance, unfortunately.
It will chip like mad.
Can you go a bit over budget and rent a proper tile cutter?
Not too sure those tiles are porcelain, although they look like it from the pictures.
Can't you check online?
Quite a few people in the reviews aging they got a pretty good cut with some file blades. I only have 5 tiles to cut. The grinder would be ideal as I have other jobs to use it for. But you got me worrying about chips now!

If those are porcelain tiles, it's going to be extremely difficult to get a nice straight cut with a grinder.
Said that, grout hides a lot of imperfections and if you need the grinder for other work, it makes sense to use that.
I give you an idea: call a professional tiler and ask to see him to cut those 5 tiles.
Give him a drink.
Many times people have come for some "quick cuts" when I had my saw out at customers place (I mainly do woodwork) and I always helped.

If those are porcelain tiles, it's going to be extremely difficult to get a nice straight cut with a grinder.
Said that, grout hides a lot of imperfections and if you need the grinder for other work, it makes sense to use that.
I give you an idea: call a professional tiler and ask to see him to cut those 5 tiles.
Give him a drink.
Many times people have come for some "quick cuts" when I had my saw out at customers place (I mainly do woodwork) and I always helped.

Yeah I think I'll give the grinder a go. There will be a wooden detail at the door threshold too, so worst comes to worst I could have a very thin piece overlap the tiles to cover up imperfections.

I'll see if there are any local tilers. I did similar thing recently and a carpenter from down my street came and helped me out for a couple of cuts with his railsaw

Sponsored Links
For straight cuts you can't beat the tile snapper imho.

I used a diamond disc on a Dremel for detail work (took a while).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back