Tile Cutter and how these should be used?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to buy a tile cutter as i have a few tiling jobs coming my way along with the plumbing. I usually cut the tiles by scoring them, then snapping them over a long dowal or pencil.

However i have decided to buy a tile cutter, in the £15 range. Can anyone advise me on a decent one to go for? I dont want anything fancy!

Sponsored Links
I don't think you will get a decent tile cutter for £15.00 to be honest!!!

I'm looking to buy a tile cutter as i have a few tiling jobs coming my way along with the plumbing. I usually cut the tiles by scoring them, then snapping them over a long dowal or pencil.

However i have decided to buy a tile cutter, in the £15 range. Can anyone advise me on a decent one to go for? I dont want anything fancy!

15 bucks....... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

best of luck with them tiling jobs bud.... :LOL: :LOL:

SIGMA...... ;)

As you may have gathered from Rough & tictics posts, £15 will buy you, ermm a not very good tile cutter. If you’ve "a few tiling jobs coming your way" & you want to make even a half decent job of them, you need a decent cutter & should also consider a mid range diamond wheel wet tile cutter as well; don’t forget the tile saw & file.

Make sure you use good quality trade materials for those tile jobs. ;)

Sponsored Links
As you may have gathered from Rough & tictics posts, £15 will buy you, ermm a not very good tile cutter. If you’ve "a few tiling jobs coming your way" & you want to make even a half decent job of them, you need a decent cutter & should also consider a mid range diamond wheel wet tile cutter as well; don’t forget the tile saw & file.

Make sure you use good quality trade materials for those tile jobs. ;)

lol ok i understand that i'm not going to get away with with cheap tile cutters. Can you guys recommend a particular make or cutter?

i went to Topps Tiles yesterday and got them to show me how these cheap tile cutters work, they snapped several including floor tiles and they cut the tiles really well. I can't see why you guys have a low opinion of these unless your main issue is with the longevity of the product.

The professionals look for tools which will last for years when used every day hence the recommendations.

As an amateur who has done four bathrooms (walls) two kitchens (floor and walls) and a conservatory floor in the last seven years I would buy a budget tool - it may rust away before I need it again.

I use an earlier version of B&Qs "Heavy Duty Tile Cutter 8103D-2400" (but it does flex a litttle when cutting 400mm floor tiles) and B&Qs PP 500W Tile Cutter PTC500. Both currently on loan to my father who is re-tiling my sister's ensuite.

All depends on how much tiling you intend to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back