tile cutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've started doing a few tiling job after college cousre , i want to buy a tile cutter up to £100 , which is the best ??? :idea:

Sponsored Links
hi m8 the 1 you want is a rubi ts 50 its got spare scoring cutters 10mm +6mm look on ebay although £160 you can get them for £100 the thing i like about them thay dont bend as the braker is on its owen at the end

if you are dowing floors you will need ts60 but you will do most jobs with ts 50 :) :)

Rubis are good, but just be aware that if you ever want to lay any tiles in a diamond pattern, you'll not be able to do it with a rubi. You'll need a cutter with a moveable breaker.

Sponsored Links
Impressive.

So a movable breaker is one that you can apply further down the tile and not just at the end.

I have one of those but it still would not do it, I guess because the tiles were too narrow (80mm).

So a movable breaker is one that you can apply further down the tile and not just at the end.
Exactly.
I have one of those but it still would not do it, I guess because the tiles were too narrow (80mm).
Well it depends on a few things:
1) The quality of the cutting wheel.
2) The quality of the unit itself. (How it holds and supports the tile is important.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back