Can't use HW and CH at same time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've been having problems with my Worcester 28i Boiler, there seems to be a number of issues which may be linked but the main problem is the CH not working for longer than 30 minutes. The boiler ignites for 5 minutes, stops for 5 , ignites for 5, stops for 5 and then eventually locks out with a slow flashing red light.

The Boiler locks out if you try use hot water for any length of time when CH is on - this results in a slow red flashing light. When this happens you can hear a slight periodic buzzing noise from the Control board a very faint metallic "bzzz, click" 3 or 4 times before it stops altogether and need to push the .
  • Hot water generally ok although sometimes only get 5 mins hot water for shower/bath etc
  • Hot water only has one temperature and that is boiling hot
  • If im inteding on having a shower i need to make sure the CH has been switched off for at least 15 minutes otherwise the boiler will lock out
  • Boiler slowly loses water pressure
Quite a lot of issues there but not sure if there are some things i can try eliminate :)?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Call Worcester and arrange a guaranteed repair its about £270 I think these days but will sort you out , your description could mean absolutely anything

You don't say whether its a new install, or if you had it a while and just got these issue recently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back