Baxi combi 105e - hot water problem - seems to 'run on'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, firstly apologies but I have searched the forums but don't seem to be able to find an answer to my problem.

I have a baxi combi 105e which works fine except for after running hot water the boiler seems to 'run on' in hot water mode for upto 2 minutes.

What happens is when hot water is called for all is fine, the boiler switches from ch to hot water if ch is on and the boiler will ignite (if not already ignited while running the ch) and hot water runs.
The problem is after turning the tap off, the boiler flame will go out almost straight away (which is normal I think if the ch is off) but the tap light will start to flash on the boiler, this continues until all the temperature leds are lit right upto 80 degrees. At this point the tap led will stop flashing and the lights start going off in sequence until right down to the last one. During this period of the lights going on and then off if the ch had been on before calling for the hot water the boiler will not switch back to ch until the lights have gone through this sequence.
After this if the ch is on the boiler will reignite and the ch light will light up again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
It's the hot water preheat. SO yob get water quicker when you do open the hot tap. I think it you tuen the hot water stat down on the boiler you can turn it off. Have a look.....sure it says preheat

Well do I feel silly now - lol
Yep it does exactly as you suggest, the only difference is that if you turn the preheat to off the hot water is a little cooler when up to temperature than when the preheat is on.
Many thanks for your speedy response
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back