Cap pipes...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening

I need to remove a radiator and the corresponding section of pipework from my CH system to enable my builder to put in a concrete floor.

I can access the pipework under the floor. My plan is to cut the pipes and put a pushfit stop end on until the plumber comes to put in the new pipework.

Is this do-able? The boiler pressure is about 1.5bar so i think it shouldnt be an issue to do this without draining the whole system.

Sponsored Links
1. How are you going to cut the pipes without getting wet?
2. If you turn off the system and release the pressure via a radiator, you can cut them one at a time with minimal water loss.
3. Push fit stop ends are fine as a temporary measure, but I wouldn't use them long term.

ok thanks, thats helpful. Plumber will be coming a week or so later so nothing long term. Just need to remove the pipework so the builder can do his bit. The pipework is currently lower than the concrete floor will be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back