Caple instant hot water boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the old boiler from my instant hot water tap as it’s leaking. The manufacturer sent me a new one and it looks simple enough to fit myself.

however... the new one has these blanking caps on the cold water inlet and I’m struggling to get it to come off as I’m worrying about damaging the boiler. Also having difficulty getting the cold water inlet pipe off the old one. They’re supposed to be quick push fittings and are held in place with a little plastic clip.

any idea how to get them off?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Pictures of the boiler, end caps and old pipe fittings may help to elicit and reply form someone with the knowledge about these boilers.
Have you tried unscrewing the blanking caps? Possibly with a pair of pliers or pipe grips lightly gripping them to prevent slipping.

Sorted thanks mate. Tried all that, unscrewing, pulling with pliers but none of it worked. Pretty expensive bit of kit so didn’t want to damage it.

If you can imagine a valve on a trumpet, the blank looked like that. As you try to pull it out a tiny collar pulls upwards with it about a millimeter but you can’t pull the thing out any further.
You have to press the collar down whilst pulling the blank out and that does it.

then the same on the old boiler to disconnect the pipes and then fitting is just a case of pushing the supply pipe in, fill up, switch power on and away you go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back