Capping Crown Chimney Pots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a rental property which still has all 4 chimneys on 2 stacks. The chimneys are topped with round crown pots which I don't want to remove. 2 of the fireplaces are still used from time to time, the main problem is one that is now sealed up, apart from 2 small vents in the dining room is getting damp on the internal breast. I'd like to keep the chimneys open for ventilation, is there a way of capping a round crown chimney pot to stop rain but to still allow ventilation? I've seen many devices but unsure any would fit a crown pot?

:confused:

Thanks, Mark

Sponsored Links
I`ll have a look @ the one in my garden , used as a planter . If I get any ideas I`ll get back - right ;) If you cut a circle out of some WBP ply - 10 inches diameter and have 4 legs 7 inches long ( like a table ) that should support the top @ the points of the crown - then cover with flashband , finishing off with a wrap round the crown down to the first ring. It`ll ventilate through the gap under the crown , and from the ground the flashband will look OK :idea: I`d do it in lead because I can ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back