Capping off a gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What should i use to cap off a gas pipe ? can i just use a 15mm compression cap ?

Sponsored Links
nice one amtodd :) surely anyone with half a brain knows you need a corgi registered plumber to install and repair gas :eyes where do these people come from..

Thing is with gas, you might think you have a gas tight seal and you can test it with soapy water or whatever but the only sure way to tell that you have a leak is when your house blows up, is it worth it?
A gas fitter will have pressure drop equipment that can detect a leak from the meter after any work has been done.
Best get it done properly for the sake of a few quid you have peace of mind

Sponsored Links
I was quoted an unbelieveable ammount to get the same thing done in my last property. If its in much the same place as mine- a 4" in length pipe sticking out above the skirting- against a short back wall. I just boxed it in with plywood along the full length of the wall and made a feature out of it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back