Capping off a lead / copper pipe - best approach?

I just googled Plimico Plumbers and they charge £120 per hour (on the job) + parts + vat . So you should get out under £200. If you want to DIY then first make sure the street stopcock works, and come back ;)

Sponsored Links
Very odd that the OP has never mentioned the street/boundary stopcock.

That would be the obvious place to turn the water off!

Tony

But most builders I see doing that kind of work just dig down to the lead pipe and pull it up and fit a tap on it which is then attached to a vertical piece of wood!

Sponsored Links
I just googled Plimico Plumbers and they charge £120 per hour (on the job) + parts + vat . So you should get out under £200. If you want to DIY then first make sure the street stopcock works, and come back ;)

Not so sure!

I went somewhere where PP had removed the EXV from the boiler, taken it to nearby filling station and returned with it full of air all within an hour!

On the other hand, Agile uses his mini pump and repressurises it in the boiler within five minutes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back