Capping or removing live cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a wet room. I want to put in a bath. Currently have power into bathroom for shower, water pump (for shower) and extraction fan. Cable from the downstairs into the loft through surface mounted trunking into the loft area. I am keeping the electric shower and extraction fan and just need to have the power cable into pump removed.
Could I just have the live feed into the pump disconnected and terminated into a socket under the bath or would I need to get it totally disconnected from where it comes in at the ceiling in the loft area above? The cables aren't buried in any wall so I assume I could retain this live wire should I need to revert back to wet room in future.
It seems to me as DIYer that seems relatively straightforward disconnection of pump.
I need to get a MEIWC for council so I'll need to get an electrician to do it, but just wondering if it would need to be cut at loft level or can existing live be retained but safely terminated into a box of some sort, maybe an IP66 enclosure.

Attachments

• Bathroom.pdf
    566.8 KB · Views: 158
Sponsored Links
Not sure if I've posted this correctly but any advice would be welcomed, thanks

I wouldn't leave an unneeded live cable under the bath.
I would keep the cable length and terminate it somewhere outside the bathroom in a MF junction box.

If your bathroom wiring work is outside the zones, it isn't notifiable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back