CAPS!

T

toasty

What is it with CAPS??

I don't understand (and I'm not being picky, just keen to understand) why new people to the forum often talk in CAPS ONLY....

I mean, why is this, surely to turn caps on you need to either press the caps lock key or hold down shift while typing, so given that you'd have to try to use caps specifically, why do people choose to do so??

Is it just people who are new to computers are also new to the forums?

...just seems alien to me, when you see a whole well punctuated, well constructed forum post that is constructed entirely of CAPS!

Anyone care to explain this phenomenon?

By the way, I'm by no means trying to discourage newcomers to the forums, and I don't personally find ALL CAPS offensive, I'm just interested why and how it happens - I post on lots of forums and notice it occurs on most.

Cheers
-Dan

Sponsored Links
toasty

maybe you make people SHOUT AT YOU ...LOL

only kidding ......maybe they be drunk or loony or both like some here
*moz looks around suspicious like*

are you young? because sometimes the reflexes aren't what they used to be and sometimes it's difficult to multitask....(type and think) and sometimes it's because it PROvokes a RESPOnse. :confused:

Sponsored Links
ITS SUPOSED TO GET YOUR ATTENTION MORE, BUT PEOPLE TEND TO JUST IGNORE IT.

i have a couple of theories.

1. many of the people who post on here were at school when they only had MS DOS or similar on computers, which only had capital latters. them were t'days!

2. also, because many tradesmen write invoices etc in capital letters, they may think its going to get them more "cred" from the tradesmen who post here! :LOL:

When I TYPE IN caps, its ecause I DONT look the screen so when I USe lets say an 'I' I FORGET TO GO BACK TO lower & cant be bothered to retype it.. :LOL:

Back