Car Insurance prices (good news not bad)

M

marsaday

I have an mg zt which is 7.5 y/o and worth £2300. The insurance renewal came through at £330 (same as last yr) so i automatically did a search on the money comparisons sites. Got a quote with my current insurer for £152!!

So rang them and they accepted their new quote - great.

Part 2. We are now expecting our first baby and so we have decided to get a more buggy friendly car. We have decided to get a new scoda yeti and i have just got a price from the insurer to change over to this car.

Now the car is about £15k more expensive than the mg, but in a lower insurance bracket as a more boring car and the insurance for the year is £108!!!

My question is this. Is something stupid happening in the insurance market at the moment ? How can they make money charging £100 to insure £a 17.5k car plus cover medical bills, liability etc ?

It is great news for my pocket mind.

Anyone else had something similar ?

Sponsored Links
its all about 'risk'

to carry out repairs etc to your old car probably parts will be expensive,
also bear in mind your new car will not be classed as a boy racer type.

im waiting for my renewal on my smax,had a few emails from the comparison websites who seem quite good,and 1 from aviva who seem to want to charge the earth.

My insurance went down considerably this year, I had to change companies which I did using Confused.com. My C5 was about £170 and the wife's 406 around £130. We do live in a low risk area which helps but I am 74 and my wife is 70 and we have both had accidents in the last 5 years.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Back