Car radio BBC channels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My car radio changes channel randomly , but only BBC radio . Have radio kent tuned to one channel but will randomly jump to BBC radio 1,2,4and also have a station tuned to BBC radio 3 which also jumps to 1,2,4.
I don’t have radio 1 or 2 or 4 tuned to any channel.
All other channels stay tuned to those set .?

Sponsored Links
Automatic strongest signal selected? Bit like traffic alert where new incidents alerts are announced.

The system for this is called RDS, (radio data service) it is a digital signal sent to radio to tell it.

EON (Enhanced Other Network) is the original way that this was supposed to work which suggests to you other stations which broadcast traffic info. So BBC Radio 1 would suggest the local BBC station or Radio 2, 3, 4 or 5 to you. But the new method of monitoring all of the stations is a good way of dealing with the situation – this only really works if you aren’t actively listening to the radio though. Most car radios only have one tuner which means that they rely on using EON to tell which other radio stations are playing traffic news if you’re listening to the radio. But once the radio is off (or you’re listening to a CD) it can be from any station that you would get your travel news.

The problem is some radio stations call general new or sports news traffic news, and the radio can switch programs when it is not traffic news, in fact one can end up missing traffic news as a result, I know with my radios the service can be switched off.

It also auto swaps to strongest signal, but should stay on same station, however have found when listening the regional stations as you go out of range it will go to another BBC station.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back