no bbc channels on digital

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother has a samsung dvd/video with freeview, all the channels work ok apart from bbc 1,2,3,4 and cbbc which crackle and freeze, if you put the tv (or dvd player) on analogue bbc 1 and 2 are ok so i think the aerials ok (new aerial and cable 6 months ago) This has only happened about a week ago, tried re-tuning but the same thing happens. Any ideas anyone.

Sponsored Links
I will guess that some where close some one is using the same MUX that BBC in your area is using and has blocked the signal.

I would check the frequency of the MUX and then tune the TV to this frequency in analogue mode and see it there is an analogue signal. With some luck you may work out where it is coming from.

Sky boxes seem to be favorite for this where the installer has not selected a free channel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back