Car towed by "ELITE MANAGEMENT(MIDLANDS) LTD"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A Chinese friend of mine was driving my car today and he parked into a private car park(near Albert Street, Dale End, Birmingham, back of Mcdonalds) at 14:45 pm. He didn't noticed the sign on the wall cus he can barely understand the meaning of it... Then when he came out from cafe about half hour later, found that the car was towed awy. A man showed up claimed to be a staff of ELITE MANAGEMENT LTD and told him he had to pay £410 to get the car back. After some arguments my friends had to paid the man and got my car back.

Look at what the receipt says:
Time clamped: 14:48
Time released: 14:54
Time removed: 15:00
Time returned: 15:50

Charges are:
Clamp: £125
Tow away: £250
Storage: £35(my car was "storaged" for 30 minutes?)
I cant believe this but I am not sure they have the right to tow my car. I doubt my friend was frauded and I wish to get his money back. He is just new to here!! Some advice plz....

Sponsored Links
How did he pay? if he paid cash then it's goodbye to the money, if he paid by card you might stand a slim chance.
That is absolute extorsion.

Wotan

The simple answer is not to park illegally on someone elses property in future.

If your friend doesn't have good enough English to read a parking notice, then how can he read ordinary road signs and warnings and be safe while driving?

No sympathy from me I'm afraid!

Sponsored Links
The OP said that there was signage present. If that signage complied with the relevent regs then there's naff all anyone can do about the level of charges or the enthusiasm of the clamping and towing company.

Anyone who dumps their car on my private property had better not expect to find it still there when they get back!!!!

The OP said that there was signage present. If that signage complied with the relevent regs then there's naff all anyone can do about the level of charges or the enthusiasm of the clamping and towing company.

Anyone who dumps their car on my private property had better not expect to find it still there when they get back!!!!

F`ing damn right.

In a City - drive a £300 banger :idea: Then walk away :LOL: @ the clampers . Or a Citroen DS - clamp that ye b`ggers :mrgreen:

If your friend doesn't have good enough English to read a parking notice, then how can he read ordinary road signs and warnings and be safe while driving?

!
Has he got a valid UK driving licence - and does your insurance cover him :confused: Tell him little britain is as bad as Communist China - I`m not joking , and you have a degree of my sympathy ;)

!
Has he got a valid UK driving licence - and does your insurance cover him :confused: Tell him little britain is as bad as Communist China - I`m not joking , and you have a degree of my sympathy ;)

It's permissible to drive for 12 months on a different nationality's licence, as long as it's valid for that 12 month period, or with an International Driving Permit.
http://www.betterregulation.gov.uk/ideas/viewidea.cfm?proposalid=72e47881ddb54187a00d34b889e19ab2

What does insurance have to do with the topic?
For that matter, what does the driving licence have to do with the topic?

Tell him little britain is as bad as Communist China - I`m not joking , and you have a degree of my sympathy ;)
Why don't you feck off to China then if its no better than here? ;) I'll even pay your fare (one way naturally).

To the OP, you have virtually no chance of getting your mates cash back. Tis a slim chance if a CC was used.

!

It's permissible to drive for 12 months on a different nationality's licence, as long as it's valid for that 12 month period, or with an International Driving Permit.
http://www.betterregulation.gov.uk/ideas/viewidea.cfm?proposalid=72e47881ddb54187a00d34b889e19ab2

What does insurance have to do with the topic?
For that matter, what does the driving licence have to do with the topic?

Permissible it may be.

But is it wise to be lending something as potentially lethal as a car to someone who can't even read a parking notice when they're not in the car - never mind read and understand a warning road sign whilst driving safely?[/b]

But is it wise to be lending something as potentially lethal as a car to someone who can't even read a parking notice when they're not in the car - never mind read and understand a warning road sign whilst driving safely?[/b]

I think your real attitude is showing now.

The OP stated that his friend didn't notice the sign 'cos he could barely understand the meaning of it.
Then you make an extraordinary leap to suggest that his friend is dangerous behind the wheel of a car because he can't read the road signs.

Have you never driven abroad? Are you fluent in that language? Did you consider yourself to be a danger behind the wheel?

There's a world of difference between:

"This is a private car park for the use of our staff, customers and visitors while on our premises. Vehicles left without authority will be clamped....etc"
and
"STOP" or "GIVE WAY" or even "Priorité à droite"

Elite Management already have a very poor record and they need a permit to operate which is issued by the local authorities.
Continued breaches of etiquette by the clamping companies will result in their permits being rescinded.
All and any behaviour which may be construed as "breaching the etiquette" should be reported to the appropriate local authority.

Have you never driven abroad? Are you fluent in that language? Did you consider yourself to be a danger behind the wheel?

Reminds me of when in Florida. As you do hired a Harley for a few days and at a set of lights,daydreaming with some good rock music channel on the radio I turned left INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC...................Luckily they were all stopping anyway :D

You sure can turn a Full Dresser Harley about fast when you have to!!

Funny enough in the car had no such issues. I think you concentrate more in the car, I was just too relaxed on the bike.

Sponsored Links
Back