Car tyre puncture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may sound daft but can you still get punctures repaired and, if so, what is the rough cost? :oops: :confused:

============================
please see forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
you can, but depends where puncture is, if its in the tread then yes, if its in the wall no

Last puncture i hade done in a tubeless tyre cost me £4.
Like above, depends where. If its in the wall, or very clopse they wont repair it and itll be a new tyre.

It's in the tread. There's a ruddy great screw/nail embedded in it !! :(

I'll get it repaired tomorrow.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I won't , because it's still inflated !! :eek:

Also, on my other car (it needs a new tyre too) does it matter what 'speed rating' you have on your tyres i.e can you mix them ?

My tyres are 195 65 15 H. What I mean is, is it ok to put a 'V' or a 'T' tyre there along with the rest which are 'H' speed ratings ? :confused:

Years ago I used Dunlop plugs inserted from outside with wheel on rim, only for tread area punctures .. not for tears as in rips.
These have all but disappeared for the everyday user... I did find this which looks promising LINK Different Seems to get over the problem of using a mushroom headed plug... at the expense of repairable width, the mushroom head may not be happy near the 'shoulder' or tyre edge.
1075.jpg

Mick Leek, a Notter, knows about this stuff ;)

I can only say, used the old style rubber 'string' plugs - probably outlawed now - on a real Cooper 'S' and Austin Healy .. The 'S' was ahem, modded and thrashed - never had a repair failure... always placed a good length of plug into tyre... otherwise followed the instructions to the letter.
;)

Kwik Fit qouted me £17 to repair a Mondeo tyre. Which included new valve & balance.

JonB

JonB said:
Kwik Fit qouted me £17 to repair a Mondeo tyre. Which included new valve & balance.

JonB

I hadn't had a puncture for years and got two in the last month, both were screws in the tread. On the first one I paid quickfit the £17 you mention, but thought it was dear. On the second National Tyres charged me £10.

It should be possible to get it stitched, your garage will tell you when they see it. There may not even be any reason to remove the tyre from the rim so it might not need ballanced, why replace the valve?

paulbrown said:
JonB said:

JonB

I hadn't had a puncture for years and got two in the last month, both were screws in the tread. On the first one I paid quickfit the £17 you mention, but thought it was dear. On the second National Tyres charged me £10.
£17 :eek: :eek: £10 :eek: £7cash down here :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back