Car won't start.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, car has not been used for about four days, went to start it turned over for a few seconds and nothing, put jump leads on which turned it over as normal but engine still not firing. Noticed that there appeared to be a lot of damp from this fog over the engine electrics, my question is what is the best way to dry off, hopefully that will solve the problem. Thanks for your time. I have a Honda Accord Aerodeck 2.2 1994.

Sponsored Links
A good squirt of WD is good advice but if you want things to be a little more permanent consider new plugs and HT leads.
Burners tip of the week? Run the engine in the dark and look for any escaping sparks in the HT region :idea: or maybe thats old hat - like me! :p
John :)

i was told that when i was a bairn to John and that was a long time ago :)

Jimmy

Sponsored Links
My dad used to employ me as a human guinea pig when his Allen scythe wouldn't go (Villiers two stroke)....'get a hold of that lead son' as he wound the rope around the pulley. The distance I leapt from the ground determined the strength of the spark :eek:

My dad used to employ me as a human guinea pig when his Allen scythe wouldn't go (Villiers two stroke)....'get a hold of that lead son' as he wound the rope around the pulley. The distance I leapt from the ground determined the strength of the spark :eek:

what area of northumberland are you at John ?

Don't go overboard with the WD40. A thin layer is good, but several thick layers caked with road dirt etc. is worse than ever. A friend used to liberally spray everything electrical under the bonnet with WD40 virtually every time it rained, and had no end of trouble starting his car, even in dry weather. Removing the HT leads and distributor cap (it was that old - A Vauxhall Viva HA!) and thoroughly cleaning all the accumulated crud off everything got the thing starting first time, every time.

Classic

:p :p :p

I'm just north of Matfen, a tiny village called Ingoe.

gotta be honest and say i have heard the name before John but have no idea where it is, been fishing northumberland for yrs, from camios up to newton, so i must have passed it at some time.
cheers
Jimmy

Sponsored Links
Back