Caravan water heater ignition generator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, my mate has a caravan water heater that is ok, except for the fact the electronic igniter is very intermittent in operation. I have had device on my bench with a separate power supply and it just seems to spark every so often after a 5 minute warm up, but generally not at all.

So instead of having to purchase a whole control box, we wondered if anyone from the gas side might know of a suitable replacement unit that runs off 12Vdc? Otherwise he will have to purchase a whole control unit which is working fine!
Very approx dimensions of the ignition generator are about 2.5 x 1.5 x 1.5"

Sponsored Links
There may well be but forum rules prevent us giving gas/combustion advice other than getting a gas reg engineer.

That's probably even more relevant when its not even your own boiler!

Tony

Ah right I just thought with the water heater being such a simple device (only an adjustable bi-metal strip controls the flame on/off and sensor if flame doesn't ignite) it might be acceptable.

I have found a second hand one on ebay so we'll use that if he cannot source a genuine spare part.

I have also told him he must get a gas safe engineer to check everything once he has finished renovating the caravan.

Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back