Carbon monoxide detector. How to read etc...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two carbon monoxide alarms. One is a fire angel and the other I don't know the make.

My question is, how long do these take to make a reading or how to use the digital one. Sometimes I would press it, it gives the temperature for example 24 degrees and zero ppm and other times it could read similar temp but 33ppm. What I want to know, does the alarm go off if it gets to warning levels or just go off when it gets to fatal levels

When i keep my finger on the button it resets back to 0ppm. How long should it take for it to rise up t dangerous levels etc...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Both makes will alert long before a dangerous level is reached

See video of the one I have. It's confusing. I think it's saying of it's a silent alarm a d flashing green light then it's detecting carbon monoxide.

It's reading zero ppm now I've hit the large button however it was reading 33ppm. This icon in the bottom right after I click it, plus the green flashing light every minute is worrying me.

I have a multi fuel stove lite tonight and won't reset it again untill tomorrow morning to see what it reads.

Very confusing this if it is a flashing green light and the icon means dangerous.

Screenshot_20230220-215920~2.png

No such a thing as silent mode

The screen has two stand‑by displays –
1. Room temperature and humidity levels are shown in degrees centigrade – making this alarm perfect for bedrooms
2. The current CO level in parts per million
To switch between the two displays you can press the test button – during this time the alarm will display the peak CO levels recorded by the alarm over the last 4 weeks.

1. Room temperature and humidity levels are shown in degrees centigrade – making this alarm perfect for bedrooms
To switch between the two displays you can press the test button – during this time the alarm will display the peak CO levels recorded by the alarm over the last 4 weeks.

Pressing the large button sets the ppm from 33 to zero.

Have you watched the video?

As suggested, have a good read through the manual.

I think the more concerning thing here though is that your detector is telling you that it has detected ( small symbol in the right corner) or is detecting CO - last reading is 33PPM (alarm is usually set off @ 50ppm).

Ideally the CO should be @ 0.

The green flashing light is normal operation and shows that the detector is active.

Whatever is creating the CO (multifuel stove?) needs to be shut down and not used again until it can be checked and tested for safe operation.

Did you follow the emergency procedure as described in the video? If you have open plan, is it the cooker/grill that’s being detected as background CO if it’s a gas appliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back