Card meter showing - £528 after eviction

Sponsored Links
Can't find a wobsite anywhere.......... heh heh

Anyways. I waited in 6 hrs at the property today, for the supplier to turn up & just cut the service fuse.

Someone else will be back tomorrow to replace the cutout, then the original people back (who cut the service fuse) to clear the meter.
Just what I need when I'm on nights too.

Seems very long winded to me.

Pete

Hi all,

I recently had a squatter evicted and instead of finding a 'wire' to bypass the meter (which I believe is common) I saw that the card meter shows minus £528. I didn't think this was possible. Surely there's a limit.

Has anyone seen this before & will I now get stung for it as the property owner?

Cheers,

pete

Several years have passed now and I am wondering if the position is still the same that the landlord cannot be held responsible for previous token meter debts?

Thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
Landlord is not responsible if the account was in the tenant's name.

For information: The arrears mount up when tenant (or anyone) is on a quarterly bill and then when not paid a prepayment meter is installed to retrieve the debt weekly.

It will be the standing charges being applied. They will be wiped. Your new supplier (or the existing) will sort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back