Cardale thermaglide electric garage door stalls

Kes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a Cardale Thermaglide electric roller door in Feb last year. Occasionally when closing the door will stop after closing about 12" with the LED on the control panel showing steady amber (door stopped in mid position according to the book). The door has to be closed by holding down the close button on the remote fob and cursing

Usually this clears the next day. Now this is happening far more frequently, maybe every other day. It also occurs on opening, rising 12" and then stopping. This is less frequent and the door can be opened with another push on the fob.

Anyone know which component is likely to be causing this error? I'm waiting a response from Cardale. It is still under guarantee but sometimes it is better to know what the fault is before calling in assistance.

Sponsored Links
No, all is free running, and the door can be closed by holding the remote button down. It's something electrical. One of the aerials on the control unit (which takes not only the remote but also a signal from the door) was touching the base board, so I've repositioned it, I'll see if that has any effect.

mate did you ever find out what the problem was i have a thermaglide and having the same problem

Sponsored Links
It sound like the PCB is being fooled into thinking the doors meeting an obstruction which normally indicates a problem with the bottom safety edge.
This can be taken out of circuit via dip switches on the PCB and allows the door to operate "hold to run". Safety edges are renound to being trouble and new ones are available from Cardale, if your under warranty or to buy.
I'm not sure of the warranty situation with Cardale as they have been in receivership before being brought out recently.
Any other help I can offer, will try.

Let's come up to date....anyone know what to do when the ThermaGlide Roller door alarm goes off....! Screeching, ear-piercing sound.....but it persists.....anyone know the status of Cradle or Thermaglide at the moment?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back