Carpet fitting question - Getting Carpet back under Aluminium Threshold Bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A visit from the plumber resulted in lifted carpets. He tried to put them back, but some haven't gone back under the threshold bars, and are starting to fray. Is there any way I can get these repaired without having to have new carpets? I've attached photos... Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    543.5 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 620
Sponsored Links
Can the carpet edge be pushed under the bar with a chisel? If the carpet has frayed too much, then best bet is to get a wider bar to cover the damage.

Not an expert or anything other than a novice DIYer. I'd trim the frayed bits using a razor blade and then tuck the edge of the carpet in further. You might need to relift the carpet, stretch it a bit and tuck it back in. Provided there are adequate carpet grippers to help you.

Sponsored Links
if a plumber did do that thenits up to the plumber to put it back.
the first strip looks way out of place in what looks like the middle of the floor? does that bar have integrel gripper spikes on both sides?
same with the one in the threshold. cant tell from the photobut it looks to be inthe wong place.
does it have snap-n covers?
you can make a rough stretcher from a couple of bits of wood and some nails. teh stretcer will hold the carpet while you tuck it into the gripper spikes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back