Carpet Gripper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting down carpet gripper to save time before the carpet fitter arrive friday morning. I want to fit some 30mm away from the skirting to run tv ariel and power etc. Will the fitters be ok with this? Also what is the optimum distance from skirting?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
- leave it to the fitter - they all have different preferences, and in any case would normallky fit it tighter than you suggest. (having said that it is common for cables to run between gripper and skirts)

Oh and fitters shouldnt charge any extra to fit the gripper (up ere they dont anyhow)

Just ensure you dont fit the cable too tight!!!!

Can't agree more, whatever you do the fitter would have done it the other way, in my experience I believe it's more common for cables to run behind the gripper, often with a second row of gripper holding it in place and protecting it to some degree, just be aware that fitters WILL NOT run power leads under carpets, it's dangerous/lethal and likely to invalidate yours and their insurance should you have a fire. Aerial/cable leads and phone lines and speaker cables are less of an issue, but be prepared that if there are alot of cables, the visual appearance of the finish of the carpets in these areas will be affected and may limit the ability to stretch the carpet properly 1st time round.

Thanks guys, guess I will leave it to them. Just wanted to have everything ready to make it quicker for them and I could leave for work.

Sponsored Links
sorry have to disagree, cant see how you can turn a carpet down properly behind a gripper with a co-ax behind it and fitting a power cable here is not safe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back