Carpet on engineered wood floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have engineered wood flooring down atm, but would like a change as I do not like the colour now it is down.
I would like to go for a carpet to make the room brighter & cosier. However I was wondering if there is a way to have the carpet laid without damaging the existing floor. Also, the Skirting was laid after the flooring, so there is no gap to force the carpet into
Also, its a twin room and I only want Carpet in one half. Would I maybe be better off in picking my carpet & having it made into a massive rug? I can see a potential issue with the doorway....
Room is 4m x 3m approx.

Sponsored Links
Go for the rug option.

You can't stretch fit a carpet and underlay onto an engineered floor.

If you did stretch fit, the gripper, door bars etc will need to be pinned into the floor.

You could possibly use System 10 underlay, with this you glue the carpet to the underlay and just tuck the edges, best to speak to a good fitter who can ascertain how good a job can be achieved, I'd guess the floor will be quite high for example. There are risks that the engineered floor may be damaged by the rubber nature of the underlay still.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back