Carpet or laminate for tenants?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be best to put in laminate or a carpet in the living room of a house I'm letting to tenants please?

I thought that laminate would last much longer than carpet, but I'm not sure if that is true or not. It is more expensive than carpet, but carpet may get soiled or worn or damaged more easily.

What would be the cheaper option in the long run?

I put a new carpet down two years ago. Now those tenants have left due to family problems but I have not been able to clean it up enough - despite using Rug Doctor - so a replacement is required. Thanks

Sponsored Links
1/ carpet will work out much cheaper
2/ laminate is NEVER tennant proof either
3/ ensure the carpet you purchase is polypropylene - i.e. stain resistant - to the extent of being dilute bleach cleanable
4/ ensure that your security deposit covers cost of replacement flooring
5/ avoid DHSS tennants

i find laminate flooring works out cheaper in the long run but as with most things in a rented property it will only be as good as the tenant if they did not pay for it why should they look after it was a response i once recieved

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back