Carpet protector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently started using the sticky carpet roll for painting and similar activities. It's been remarkable compared to polythene dust sheets that gather up and inevitably fail.

I brought the current roll from ebay and thought it wasn't very tacky. Can I please get a recommendation on a good value option and a link to the product if you have this to hand.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
We used the stuff from Screwfix on the sports hall and dance studio floors.
Worked great but was a b*tch to peel off! Kept splitting and slicing like a roll of cheap Sellotape.
Probably be ok on carpeted areas though.

Have a look at these.

Sponsored Links
I have used the Everbuild "Roll and Stroll" on numerous occasions.

Other sources are potentially cheaper. Buying boxes of rolls on eBay is the cheapest I have come across.

It should be noted that such products work better on clean carpets. If they are dusty, any product will fail to adhere.

The Everbuild is "safe" for 28 days. In practice you can leave it down for longer but if you do so and some of the residue remains on the carpet, Everbuild will, understandably, deny any liability.

Such products are great for staircases. Way safer than any "drop" cloths.

We used the stuff from Screwfix on the sports hall and dance studio floors.
Worked great but was a b*tch to peel off! Kept splitting and slicing like a roll of cheap Sellotape.
Probably be ok on carpeted areas though.

Have a look at these.

I have never used adhesive rolls on hard floors. Wouldn't the corrugated plastic floor protectors have been better. That said, I guess that it would be way more expensive for a sport hall when compared to rolls of film.

I have never used adhesive rolls on hard floors. Wouldn't the corrugated plastic floor protectors have been better. That said, I guess that it would be way more expensive for a sport hall when compared to rolls of film.
I agree, the corrugated is much better than the 'clingfilm' type, but we were trying to protect the floors from guests, (parents/prams etc), when we had an open night. The corrugated would have needed to be stuck down in some way to prevent them moving on the polished floors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back