Carpet Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We're looking at getting some new wardrobes and eventually getting a new carpet, but once the wardrobes are in I dont really want to take them down to lay the carpet and then re build them, I dont fancy having the carpet done 1st as when we decorate the room we will be having the ceiling skimmed etc.

So could we carpet up to the wardrobe or is this a bit naff?

Also a consideration I have is when I move house would I take the wardrobes with me, if so then the people moving into my house would have to get the carpet replaced or get exactly the same size wardrobes if we just did the carpet up to the wardrobes, alternatively if we left the wardrobes then there would be no problem.

People must come accross this quite a bit?

Sponsored Links
kind of but not completely.

What is the opinion of carpeting up to wardrobes?

if it not moving/fixed then dont worry. But if you plan to move house and take it with you then you will need to replace the carpet if you sell house with carpets!

Sponsored Links
Just wondering why you can't do it all in this order

Plastering
Decorating
Carpeting
Wardrobes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back