Carpet threshold bar - flat bar or T bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I’m going to lay a new carpet and wondering what to use in the doorway. It will be a carpet to carpet transition (same carpet both sides with 10mm underlay). My partner wants to use a flat bar but I’m wondering if you get a neater finish from a T bar that hides the edge? Or do they look equally tidy?

Other thing I thought about is not having a bar there and joining directly (as they will eventually be the same carpet although laying one now and one later) but I read this might be a pain when coming to laying the hallway carpet as the pile direction will have to match - any thoughts please?

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
I’d always go a T section / dual / double nap. A lot neater. Floorwise do some really quality trims. Reflections range

I have seen them on a few jobs and not a fan myself. Over time you will see the joint and it can wear being walked on a lot.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back