Carpet Threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've had to overboard the hallway going into a bedroom so there isn't a large step between the bathroom and hallway.
However, there is now a step between the hallway and bedroom which i'm fine with. However, i'm not sure where I should the board in the hallway - should it be in the middle of the door or just before the door as per the pics?
Thanks in advance
20130907_222513_zps9fcdc79e.jpg

20130907_222502_zpsb66e3c9f.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ideally, when the door is closed, you should not be able to see a join in the carpet or a bar etc on either side of the door. I.e. The door when shut should cover the transition between the floor coverings.

So it depends what you are fitting in the two areas. With such a large difference, I would recommend fitting a oak threshold the full depth of the door frame, this will allow you to notch the base of the threshold and give you a straight and level threshold in the doorway.

On the side that the floor is lower, to make up the height if you are fitting carpet, you may want to consider easyshims from www.stairrods.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back