carpet tiles on top of old vinyl tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of laying carpet tiles over old vinyl tiles.

Some of the old vinyl tiles are warped or damaged, but the majority arae in reasonable condition and very difficult to remove.

Would it be possible to remove just the warped or damaged vinyl tiles, and then fill the resulting gaps with screed?

If not, How should I proceed?

Lazoway

Sponsored Links
take the old tiles up. i dont belive they are hard to get up when there are some that are coming up on there own :rolleyes: large shard scrapper and they will fly up. Trust me , i do this every day!

Thank you for the for advice, but believe me, they are hard to get up. Both my husband and myself are old and arthritic, and it took us about 4 months to remove similar from the bathroom. A large living room is out of the question.

The reason some are coming up is because there has been long-term damage - heavy castors or damp areas against an outside wall (now no longer damp).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back