carpet washers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have 2 dogs, carpets are a little dirty! We are thinking of a carpet washer, has any one any info about how the Vax rapide/Bissell prowash compare, and compare with a pro/hire wash? Do they work as well as advertised? Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
dont know about the bissell but the vax is virtually next to useless as far as i am concerned, it just squirts water and fluid onto your carpet which is then just sucked up by the vacuum, doesnt compare in any way to a hired steam cleaner or getting someone in to do it.

Sponsored Links
Hello :) I have a bissell carpet washer (not the pro wash one) and it is absolutely brilliant. It was about £160, if I remember right but well worth it. Don't be persuaded to buy a cheaper one as they have less suction so leave the carpet wetter and some do not have the rotating brushes that really clean deed into the pile. It has brushes that rotate and it really cleans well leaving the carpet almost dry - when you see how much dirt and sludge comes out of the carpet its amazing. The model name/number escapes me and as its in the garage can't get this info right now but if you are interested then post again and I'll look at it and reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back