carpeting hall and Stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have aquired a nice large lump of carpet from work.(cant get any more)
It was to do the hall only.
But i have a feeling that there may be enough to do the stairs as well (but not the hall, stairs and landing)

If i decide to do the hall and the stairs how would i end the carpet on the top stair?
at the moment the landing carpet folds over the 1st(top) stair vertical and then joins with the stair carpet. This would look a bit silly so should i make the join at the beginning of the landing (see very bad txt drawing below marked by an X)

------------X
]
]
]

I know its probably best that the stairs and landing are done but its really the hall that needs replacing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you could finish the landing under the nosing, and start the stair carpet on the top riser so only the top nose shows in the old carpet.

Alternatively you could finish the landing carpet short of the top nosing and fit a new style wood nosing and start the new carpet on the top riser of the stair.

thanks for the reply
but i don have a cclue what you are on about with nosings and top runners

sorry can you explain

thanks for the reply
but i don have a cclue what you are on about with nosings and top runners

sorry can you explain

Nosing is the industry term for the front lip of each step, a riser is the industry term for the vertical part of the stair.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back