Carport building regulation part B

Sponsored Links
opening leading on to the porch which on the left
F3257283-B49F-40C6-BCF9-430E87F02797.jpeg

The porch isn't enclosed and the floor is raised off the ground and the "car port" is open at the front so I would have the thought the risk is no worse than if you just parked your car on the drive outside your front door.

This is not the same as a fully enclosed integral garage or attached garage with a door opening directly in to the house.

I'd say no fire door required.So classed as detached garage /carport would require building regulations

Sponsored Links
The porch isn't enclosed and the floor is raised off the ground and the "car port" is open at the front so I would have the thought the risk is no worse than if you just parked your car on the drive outside your front door.

This is not the same as a fully enclosed integral garage or attached garage with a door opening directly in to the house.

I'd say no fire door required.
So is this classed as detached garage /carport ?

So is this classed as detached garage /carport ?
No it is still attached to the house. The fundamental issue is that it doesn't have a door opening directly in to the house (assuming the "porch" which isn't really a porch just a canopy, is as drawn and is open to the elements at the front.)

The only way you'll know for sure is ask the person who drew the plans or ask Building Control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back