Carrie

Sponsored Links
15747588_1252505111491587_3874802282983613239_n.jpg

for some reason trump and farage are still here.

Does Carrie Fisher justify this amount of coverage on the basis of couple of films in the 70's and then just bit parts, voice overs and obscurity?

Way OTT, IMO.

Sponsored Links
"Celebrity Death Syndrome". The media can't just mention that so and so is dead and they didn't really do a lot. Mind you a lot of actors move on to behind the scenes roles I hear. Maybe she did?

Does the media even KNOW who we class as celeb's?
Hmmm I think not, when you see who's on such programs as "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here." and "Celebrity Big Brother" Half of them are what I would consider D List celebrities, hardly known by the masses.

hmm, complicated I guess, would the GP mourn a in "daily mail mode" a "scrote" drug addict? hmmm?

Does Carrie Fisher justify this amount of coverage on the basis of couple of films in the 70's and then just bit parts, voice overs and obscurity?

Way OTT, IMO.
I guess it's down to quality, not quantity for some? Star wars was a massive movie.

Does the media even KNOW who we class as celeb's?

I suppose what it means to be famous and what it means to be talented has changed considerably ever since Big Brother came out on channel 4 in the mid-90s. That pile of sh1t and every reality tv show since has pretty much trashed the whole concept of talent and fame. Now all you need to be is incredibly fuking irritating to make a few quid, or have a half decent signing voice with the personality of a bog brush.

It's created the notion that anyone can be famous for anything at all - doesn't have to be talent. It's created this conveyor belt system which produces mostly boring, pointless and generic clones ready to dance to the corporate drum. I could be wrong but I don't think money was as tied to fame as it is now. I think the only reason most people these days want to be famous is for the money. Perhaps in the past that was not as much of a factor in why and how people rose to become big stars?

Don't forget that technology has completely changed how the public consume entertainment of all varietes. Completely changed. All of this has drastic consequences when it comes to talent and creativity. I'm not saying there are no talented and entertaining people now, I'm saying the system does not produce them for the mainstream. I have to look very VERY hard to hear something a bit different, or watch something genuinely interesting. There is so much noise everything get's drowned out.

Sponsored Links
Back