Cast iron offset bend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Need to do a temporary repair: offset bend from cast iron guttering down pipe outlet is broken. Is there a fitting that will fit onto the cast iron guttering down pipe outlet to plastic - in effect a reducer?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If the offset has failed perhaps the CI down pipe will soon follow?

A pic would help or dimensions of outlet and RWP. Plastic fittings should make-up an offset for your purpose.

If you are working at height then tie your ladder in and have someone foot it. Even for a 10 minute job.

Thanks, 68mm plastic fittings is not wide enough to fit over guttering outlet. With a 68mm downpipe coupling I could fit it internally and then seal the small gaps for now. However I had hoped there would have been an adaptor with an internal measurement of around 75mm dropping down to 68mm. I would agree the pipe is on the way out, once I have this offset part sorted I can do that later.

Osma downpipe adaptor, part number OT092 may suffice. If not then I think you may be looking at 82mm soil pipe or a new Cast offset.

Sponsored Links
Hugh is ahead of me on this. However, your proposed codge-up will come apart at the first good wind or frozen ice dam. You need to replace any cast iron fitting that might fall from height, so, for what it's worth, why not bite the bullet and run up a RWP and fittings in a suitable size?

Thanks for all your comments which I take on board: abode is a bungalow. Which yes makes changing downpipe easier, but it's a shared outlet with downpipe on next doors. With us only just having ownership we said to aged person next door we would do a temporary fix and sort it later – however on reflection if we do a job might as well do it right first time. I have found local osma supplier so will await their reopening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back