Cast Iron Soil Stack help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Advice please, if you may.

I want to change the toilet pan in my bathroom, I suppose it is the usual arrangement, low level pan, into about 1mtr of cast iron pipe, then into a T piece, into the soil stack in the corner.

I would like to change the pan and cistern for just a new standard low level pan etc. I would like to remove the 1mtr of cast iron pipe and replace with plastic.

What would you do? try and remove this pipe from the T piece and replace with plastic (cement into stack)? or I have seen that another train of thought is to cut the cast iron pipe as near as I can to the stack, pop in a multikwick, then plastic pipe to my pan.

I over think all of these things.. sorry !

Most of the pipe is boxed in so, not too fussed about "looking nice" just want to try and do a good job.

Any advice is always welcome.

Thanks all and keep safe
Peter
x

Sponsored Links
Hello Peter,

Any reason for renewing just a metre? Wouldn’t use just a multikwik, then plastic. You could do the following: an extension multikwik and pan connector multikwik, or if you want rigid and plastic, then a McAlpine dc1-bl (drain connector) if your opening is 4”, a short piece of pvc (think smallest is 2m length) then pan connector.

HTH.

Hi Chris,
thank you for your reply.
What I have is about 1mtr of cast iron pipe from the back of the pan, and then into a T piece that goes into the vertical stack.
I was hoping to replace the pipe from the back of the pan to the stack and the cast iron pipe will firstly need a bit of a "tweak", currently about 2cm too high for new pan, and also the cast iron looks a bit industrial and messy.

Peter

Cut the cast as near to the branch as you can and use of of these,

bandseal.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back