Cast Iron Waste pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house (circa 100 years old) with a bathroom on the first floor and the waste pipes run down through the understairs cupboard, out to the external wall.

However, I have noticed that I have the large diameter waste, for the WC, but also a seperate, smaller diameter waste, which seems to take the waste water from the shower/bath/wash hand basin. Both are in cast iron after leaving the bathroom.

Is is possible to have the waste for the shwoer/bath/etc connect into the large diameter pipe at some point? I am looking to save some space and am getting the bathroom refitted so timing would be now.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can use a plastic collar boss which straps on to your outside soil pipe, and then you run your respective waste pipes to it. It has 3 inlets so you can run all into it no problem.
I've not had the pleasure of drilling into a cast iron pipe yet but am told can be time consuming
You may consider using black plastic waste pipe which will match the soil pipe when you paint it :)

Sponsored Links
you cant use a plastig strap boss on cast (tut tut bahco) :oops: it will leak
however you can get one for cast but be sure to tell the merchants thats what you want :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back