Cat converter and Lamda sensor cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been asked before, need to clean a lamda sensor on an 800cc 3 cylinder, engine 34K on the clock, can anyone recommend a cleaner fuel additive to do this please, and best way to add, wee car (my Daughters) only does at most 3K miles a year

Sponsored Links
Most bottled mechanics are aimed at Diesel engines these days, but one of the best ones is Forte advanced formula petrol treatment. Forte products are the trade favourite, and they are effective.
A good blast down the dual carriageway will probably do the same thing, and get the cat really hot before MOT time.
John

Most bottled mechanics are aimed at Diesel engines these days, but one of the best ones is Forte advanced formula petrol treatment. Forte products are the trade favourite, and they are effective.
A good blast down the dual carriageway will probably do the same thing, and get the cat really hot before MOT time.
John
This. Not sure anything put in a tank of fuel is going to make any real difference.

Or renew the sensor of course.

I’m not sure if Ian has problems with the car, or he just wants to give it a helping hand.....
I have found the product does help when the emissions lamp comes on, so maybe it does the same with the sensor.
Invariably they are a right PITA to remove at the best of times!
John

Sponsored Links
You may be right. I've never managed to cure a poor/old/tired sensor.

Not usually the easiest job to do but no point throwing fuel treatments at it in my opinion

But maybe worth a try

The age old 'Italian tune up' is easier said than done in these days of average speed/covert cameras etc. My old petrol BMW does too many short (under 5 mile) single journeys at the hands of 'ere indoors, so I treat it to such a blast on the morning of the MOT.

Problem is the car is geared for high speed cruising, so I have to leave the auto 'box in sport mode to get the engine up to a decent number of revs. even at 80 mph in 4th gear of the 5 speed 'box ;)

Won’t do any harm to add a tin of forte system cleaner, fill the tank up with Tesco momentum 99 too at the same time.
Worth doing now and again.

Back