catenary wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all does any one know any websites that show how to use the catenary wire fixings as i dont have a clue i dont intend to use it for any thing electrical at all

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
OK.

Screw a hook in both ends of the run.

Fit the twisty turny thingy at one end

Attach one end of the catenary wire to the twisty turny thingy

Take the other end of the wire to the end of the run

Connect that end to the other twisty turny thingy

Hang it on the hook

Turn the twisty turny thingy until the catenary wire is tight enough

That's it.

PS. At some point you'll have to think about whatever it is you want to hang from the wire. Usually its best to fit that when the catenary wire is at ground level. Its more difficult 7 metres up over a busy road.

TTC

Yes, the real question is will you hook fixings be strog enough to hold the tension from the turnbuckle?

Try finding a friendly BT Installer and see if you can "borrow" a couple of Eyebolt 1A's, a couple of Clamps Dropwire and a suitable length of Dropwire No 10.

That will hold a good old weight before causing any problems. All you will need is an 8mm masonry bit for the eyebolts and a 10mm open ended spanner to tighten them into the wall. The dropwire wraps around the clamp once you've fitted it to the eyebolt ( very obvious to fit btw ) and I can guarantee it will NOT come out of the clamp. Make sure the wall you're fitting to is nice and solid though and if you can, drill the brick directly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back