Catholic church scandal again

These religions get abuse heaped on them by people looking for something to hate.
I hate nothing or nobody..Whatever our beliefs are they are open to scrutiny..Especially when it is being taught in schools..One cannot just brush it aside and say "let people believe what they want"" whilst teaching the bible as a 100% accurate scientific reference book.

Sponsored Links
Lol...I do like to take an interest in the human and natural world and what makes people tick.Having stood on the edge of the Grand Canyon I find it mind blowing that christian loonies think it was made in a year in Noah's flood.....The milky way just for us to gaze up at.God is eternal...Utter freekin garbage from walking talking people amongst us....teaching this to our kids.Scary.
It's also otherwise seemingly intelligent normal logical people who believe it.

Also, god created everything in six days - in the dark. Where was he to even have days?

Sponsored Links
Also, god created everything in six days - in the dark. Where was he to even have days?
Lol...indeed..very wise....never thought of that..he must have been on Earth to have 24 hour days...or was he on another planet enjoying longer days!..great stuff.

I do not hate anyone anywhere but have seen and learned that all religion including christianity sure is a huge force for evil and ruined lives...As far as tangents go..you go off on one about differing catholics and do not have the balls to say what your religious beliefs are..So much for your fantastic christian faith.
I didn't go off on a tangent about different categories of Catholics, the term Catholic refers to the universal Christian church.
If you have a problems with people who follow the church of Rome, then you should use the term Roman Catholic.

If you have a problems with people who follow the church of Rome, then you should use the term Roman Catholic.
Vinty man..give over..Catholic.Roman Catholic...whoever..there beliefs are v v much the same..believing in non existant god..What do you believe in?

vinty is on a thread called

and objects to scandals being mentioned.
No problem with scandals being mentioned at all.
I just pointed out that to claim that Christianity is a force for evil is ridiculous.
Can you show evidence that Paedophila is a tenet of Christian faith.
The Roman Catholic church in particular has huge problem with Paedophila but this is due to the nature of the institution itself and nothing to do with basic tenets of Christian faith.
The Church of Rome was founded as a religion for the subjects of the Roman empire, a lot of its rituals are pagan in origin and have no basis in scripture.
As a consequence the Church of Rome cannot be considered Christian.
So Paedophilia by Roman Catholic clergy is not relevant to Christian faith.

just pointed out that to claim that Christianity is a force for evil is ridiculous.
Teaching people biblical nonsense as fact is evil..Warping peoples development is evil.Conning them into believing they will go to heaven is wicked and evil.

Vinty man..give over..Catholic.Roman Catholic...whoever..there beliefs are v v much the same..believing in non existant god..What do you believe in?
I believe that Christians are not the deluded fools you make them out to be.
You should note that the public education system in Britain was largely initiated by the Christian church.

Same old same old same old.
I was brought up as a catholic but turned away from it in my teens. I didn't believe, thought it was all nonsense and decided it just wasn't for me.

Never knocked anyone for their beliefs though wether they be christian, jewish or whatever. Despite me thinking it was nonsense, I wouldn't begrudge other people believing, or labelling them as nutters for their beliefs, ffs why on earth would you?

As a kid I was taught the 10 commandments:

1. Do not have any other gods before God
  2. Do not make yourself an idol
  3. Do not take the Lord's name in vain
  4. Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy
  5. Honor your Father and Mother
  6. Do not murder
  7. Do not commit adultery
  8. Do not steal
  9. Do not testify or bear false witness against your neighbour
  10. Do not covet
Some of it must have stuck because I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I've never killed anyone.

Sponsored Links
Back