Caulk ?

27 Nov 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
We have painted a newly skimmed wall and where it meets the wood architrave of the door it has tiny paint cracks in the emulsion.
The wall and architrave are at right angles to each other.

Should we have put a tiny bit of Caulk in before we painted.?

Does the same apply to a plaster skimmed upto a new UPVC window.?

Sponsored Links
Anywhere there is a small gap you can use caulk. It is flexible when it dries and can be painted over. It will move a bit with the expansion and contraction of the wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links