cav 1.7 turbo d wont start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after over heating the car will not start when keying over just hearing a not normal sound checked battery which is ok :roll tried that no water came out and engine still tryin when turn key anyone have any ideas

Sponsored Links
:arrow: :evil: Shorty over heating a diesel is one thing you do not want to do. I have run and rebuilt diesel engines for many years, and overheated a few myself. If it was a mild over heating you may get away with head gasket failure, but have the head pressure tested and skimmed. If it was a severe overheating then you would be better off going for another vehicle or motor, as I am sure the head would be history and even there may be damage to the pistons,rings and bores. How do you check for this, well first fill the cooling system up with water (water only for the purpose of testing) leave the coolant tank cap off and crank the engine over. One of two things will happen 1 the engine will lock up (hydraulic lock) water has entered the combustion chamber and is preventing the engine from turning over, or 2 as the engine is cranking the water will gush out of the header tank with some force, if so you will need to remove the head :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back