car repairs and maintenance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a peugeot 106 1997. had few problems over last 2 weeks car wont start its had a diagnostic test done all come back ok. the car started for few days and then would not start next now it wont start at all. checked battery spaark plugs leads and not fuel cut of switch. had a new key done in case some thing to do with immobiliser. when u start the car it cranks but wont start also sounds like there is no petrol getting through cause no small hissing sound when u turn the key that normally sounds for release of petrol. also done a vault test on all parts and everything ok apart from fuel pump. has any one got any clues thanks

Sponsored Links
it does sound as if the fuel pump is not working, you would need to get someone to test for the correct voltage at the pump first

coils packs are known for breaking down, and the main earth to the gearbox is known for snapping

Sponsored Links
it does sound as if the fuel pump is not working, you would need to get someone to test for the correct voltage at the pump first
thanks for that i have had the fuel pump checked and that seems to be ok. some days it drives ok and runs for a couple of days and then others just cranks but wont start. i have had suggestions that it might be the fuel relay if not do u have any other suggestions.

Back