Skodia Fabia No start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Skodia Fabia, 1.2, 2002. I went to start it, before it was working fine. When the key turns over it beeps loudly and turns over then dies. The petrol gauge goes haywire and the middle LED screen doesnt light up not showing any errors. After the first time I wont be able to start the car again.

I called a electric diagnostic guy and he only found a fault with the key, saying the codes have misaligned. When I contacted a key place they said it didnt sound like a key problem as the car icon didnt show. Any ideas?

I have a video but it is too large to upload, so message me to see the video please

Thanks for the help,
B

Sponsored Links
Yeah have checked the battery, lights and wipers still work. Also jumped the car which did nothing :(

Cover the the entire plastic part of the ignition key, the part you grip, with some cooking foil and try starting the car. Does the car respond any differently than before?

Sponsored Links
Battery in the key, same stable Seat are notorious for being sensitive to the battery voltage for the key.

Can you upload the video to youtube and post a link?

This sounds familiar, my battery goes flat and it behaves very weirdly. this happens every now and again when I forget I have left the lights on (faulty door wiring = no buzzer)

Have you tried removing the battery + wire, leaving it a few hours then putting it back?
You can do this while you have whipped it out and put it on a charger :)

BTW, have you a spare key? is it the same with that?

Sponsored Links
Back