please help (pug 106 sometimes wont start after about 3 day)

Don't want to hijack, but my daughter has the same age and size pug, occaisionly it won't start in the manner suggested,what we do is just leave it for five minutes go back to it and it starts no problem just wonder if its a common fault which by the looks of it even with a bit of expense cannot be solved.

Sponsored Links
Hello annlee
What SteNova means is that extra test lights are fitted into the wires that go to the fuel pump - if they light up, then electricity is getting there.
In your case, all of the dashboard lights will be on as normal, yet unless you can hear the whirr of the fuel pump then your car wont start.
To help me trace faults like this, I use a 12v test screwdriver from Halfords, and I sharpen the blade to a needle point. If I'm not sure if electricity is present in a particular cable, I spear my tester through the insulation and if the bulb lights up, then power is there. The insulation seals up afterwards.
I think your best bet is to get the car to an auto electrician who should know what to do (Yellow Pages, maybe) and let them have a go. However, don't let them throw parts at the car unless they are pretty certain as these will be charged to you.
John :)

thanks john again for your help i think thats what im going to have to do. take it to some one who knows about electrics as a last attempt to sort it out before like u said start throwing parts at it . i do appreciate all responses and for every ones views and opinions. will let u know how i get on thanks annlee

Sponsored Links
no i ave not thanks i will. going in tomorrow for a diagnostic test at a garage but not holding much hope !!!wish there was some one who could look apart from garage they so expensive.

hi just to let every one know had a diagnostic test done this morning and it came up with nothing mechanic said cant be sure but seems to thing could be fuel pump and sender dont think its ecu and dont think prsure bulding up managed to get one from breakers yard for 30 just got to get it fitted now but also said we need to change filter as well. so fingers croseed it that . :p

Back