My Peugeot 106 suddenly wont start?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have a 2000 Peugeot 106 1.1 petrol. I have owned the car around 6 months and it has started first time, every time. I have used the car for the past 4-5 days and it has been as reliable as ever even in the huge amounts of snow and freezing temperatures but suddenly today i went to turn my car on and it wouldnt start. it was making a clicking noise and showing a 'C' on the dashboard where the mileage is normally displayed. i am not sure if i have a mechanical fault or if the weather has finally taken its tole. any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Rich

Sponsored Links
Thanks John,
Im not able to do that yet but im sure my Dad will help me do it tonight, i will let you know how it goes! It just leaves me wondering whether or not i should buy a new battery now or just wait and see what its like after the weather clears, but having to jumpstart my car everytime til then could be a pain :/

how old is the battery?

at this time of year it is the usual culprit,

If it is the original one, ten years old, go out and buy a new one and stop messing about. If you have a motor factor nearby, compare their prices to those in Halfords. I find the middle range of batt is best value (there are usually three ranges; cheap, average, expensive)

Sponsored Links
im not too sure how old the battery is but its not as old as the car as its from Kwik-Fit, but i couldnt find a date. Thanks for your fast replies guys! i appreciate all your help.

Thanks for all your help guys, got a new battery and she started up again!

Probably just a faulty battery but I'd be inclined to check it's charging OK. The other thing is do you just do short runs? If so then take it for a good run at least once a week.

this might be a bit OTT, but I stick a bit of white vinyl tape on things like batteries and filters, with the fitting date in indelible marker. is occasionally useful to know how old they are.

Sponsored Links
Back